Collect children‘s books
A well furnished library forms the heart of each of our learning centers. Community members find books in their local language as well as in foreign languages there. The courses taking place at our learning centers rely on quality educational materials. Many learning centers ask for easy-to-read English books. Mastering the English language allows community members to access information on what is happening in the world as well as find out about job end educational opportunities in their countries.
Since 2009, book champions have been supporting our learning centers with quality English children‘s books. By collecting and sorting books for people in need, they learn about learn about the educational chances of other people in the world. Anyone can be a book champion: an individual, a scout troop, a school or even a company. They all contribute on a voluntary basis.
Engaging as a book champion is easy, fun and hands on:
- Collect English children‘s books following our criteria
- Check your bookshelf for children’s books which are in good condition.
- Speak to your friends and family and collect books in your wider community.
- Ask local libraries or publishers whether they would be willing to participate
- Send your books to our nearest collection hub
- Check the addresses of our hubs in the UK, Germany and Switzerland below
- Contact us in case you can put your donation onto a pallet. We may be able to pick it up directly.
- Experience your impact by
- joining the yearly Sorting Event in the UK on the last weekend in July
- getting updates in our Facebook Group on what happens with your books
- read blog posts from our book champions