Imagine a place in your community where members can learn what they want to learn. Imagine a place where community members meet to share best practices and drive the development of their community. Do you feel dedicated to make a difference and run such a place in your community? Then apply to become a BOOKBRIDGE Community Hero!
Who you are
You are looking for a challenge and you are inspired by the idea of doing something innovative for your community. You have strong ties to the community and you enjoy working with people and motivating your team to make your Learning Center a success. You have a long-term commitment to the learning center and turning it into a financially self-sustained social business. You speak the local language and English and you ideally have or are willing to adapt the following: educational or business administration background (academic degree would be appreciated), experience in teaching and working with children/young adults, organizational skills, professional attitude, IT skills.
What is waiting for you
- Team setup: At the start of the project you will responsible for building a local team to work with you on the development and establishment of your Learning Center.
- Learning Center Set up: You will work with a team of European candidates from our Capability Program who will support you and your local team in researching, planning and setting up your learning center. You will be required to find suitable premises and to assist with the research and development towards the business plan, pitching to an investor and opening for business!
- Learning Center Management: Once the learning center is opened and operational you will ensure the premises are suitable for current and future needs. You will manage daily operations together with local staff (e.g. user registration, check in and out). You lead by example, provide motivation to staff and embody the vision of the learning center, enabling staff to take responsibility for improvement and following BOOKBRIDGE guidelines and submitting regular reports.
- Offering and developing activities and courses: You direct the design and implementation of a curriculum, which inspires and engages the local community. You organize and offer activities and seminars which are free (e.g. games, movie nights). Besides free activities and seminars you set up a paid course system (e.g. English, IT, leadership and entrepreneurial skills).
- Maintaining network: As a Community Hero, you work closely with BOOKBRIDGE staff. You develop and maintain relationships with our partners and the local community.
What we offer
Becoming a Community Hero is not a job, but a long-term commitment towards making a difference as an entrepreneur in your community. Your full-time role as a Community Hero allows for a high degree of self-responsibility. In the initial phase, you will be financially supported by BOOKBRIDGE with a soft loan to kick start your learning center. We will support you to make the center financial self-sustainable and you will you earn your salary through the paid course offerings in the learning center.
Whom to contact
In case of any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team.
Sri Lanka and all other countries
saradha [at] bookbridge.org
sokhan [at] bookbridge.org
amar [at] bookbridge.org